The Megger DLRO10HD low resistance tester can output up to 10 Amps and is built into a tough case that provides an IP65 ingress protection rating when closed and an IP54 rating when the instrument is in use and operating from battery power. This Megger low resistance test and measuring instrument incorporates a large backlit liquid crystal display that can be read from distance its rotary switch controls can be operated with gloved hands.
With 0.1 micro-ohm resolution, 0.2 per cent basic accuracy and a dedicated mode for use with inductive loads, the Megger DLRO10HD is suitable for applications such as checking welded joint quality, verifying winding resistance in large motors and transformers, performance of lightning protection bonds and aircraft structures.
To provide maximum versatility, this test set not only features high compliance but also offers user-selectable high or low power ranges.
The high power <25W ranges (measuring up to 250milliohm at 10A or 2.5ohm at 1A) are ideal for heating a weakness or charging inductive loads.
The low power ranges are power limited to 250 mW for applications where it is desirable to avoid heating the item under test.
- High and low power output selection for condition diagnosis
- Powered by mains or by rechargeable battery
- Outputs 10A for 60 seconds
- CATIII 600V safety rating
- IP54 ingress protection
- Easy to use
The Megger DLRO 10 HD Low resistance tester offers a choice of five test modes:
- Normal mode, the test is initiated by pressing the ‘test’ button. The instrument verifies continuity of all four connections, and then applies the test current in both forward and reverse directions before displaying the result.
- Automatic mode, the test starts as soon as the probes make contact with the item under test.
- Automatic unidirectional mode is the same as automatic mode, but the test current is applied in one direction only. This reduces the testing time, but thermal EMFs from contact between dissimilar metals may reduce the accuracy of the results.
- Continuous mode makes repeated measurements at three-second intervals on the same sample.
- Inductive mode is, as the name suggests, optimised for tests on motors, transformers and other inductive loads, supplying a full 10A for 60 up to seconds.
DLRO10HD heavy-duty low-resistance ohmmeters from Megger are supplied with a set of test leads fitted with high-quality duplex hand spikes featuring lights to remotely indicate when a test is complete or inadvertent connection to live supply. The DLRO10HD, when used with optional terminal insulating test leads, is rated CATIII, 600V in line with IEC61010.
Megger DLRO10HD Part No: Megger 1006-604
2 x DH4 Duplex handspikes
Test lead pouch (lid mounted) 1000-036
DLRO10HD user guide CD 1000-869
Warranty book. 6170-618